Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Amazon Web Services. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. If you are planning a move to Citrix Cloud or starting out anew, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to understand, manage, and deliver successfully. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Amazon Web Services and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services.
You will also learn valuable leading practices for maintaining and managing your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service deployment, including deployments integrated with AWS, such as power management and the use of Autoscale. Together with the hands-on lab exercises, this course gives you the opportunity to create a successful Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service deployment on AWS.
Who should attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects designing or deploying Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Amazon Web Services.
Experience deploying and managing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment.
Basic knowledge of the Amazon Web Services platform including:
- Virtual Machines
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in AWS using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with AWS Active Directory Service
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on AWS
- Provide remote access with Citrix Workspace, Citrix StoreFront, and Citrix Gateway on AWS
- Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Introduction to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Managing the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Providing Access in Citrix Cloud
- Operations and Support
- Public Cloud Considerations
- On-Premises Migration to the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Deployment models and migration paths
- Components, Products and Services required for a CVAD Service on AWS
- Creating Resource Locations on AWS
- Connecting CVAD Service to AWS and MCS Provisioning
- Providing Access to End Users
- Maintaining a CVAD Service on AWS Deployment
- Supporting your Deployment