This course covers implementation and management tasks related to Data Protection Advisor. Learners will be presented to the procedures of installing the different DPA components, as well as how to work with the product interface, generating and interpreting reports and changing visualizations. Some of the configuration and administration tasks covered include user credential management, configuration of backup components for reporting purposes and remote data collection configuration. Basic information and exercises on custom report creation are also provided.
Course content is based on EMC Data Protection Advisor version 6.2.1.
Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone requiring implementation and management training on the Data Protection Advisor product.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of backup and recovery concepts and at least one backup software package.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Install and configure the different DPA components
- Manage the product through the GUI
- Run and customize reports
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
Module 1: Product Overview
- Lesson 1: Overview
- Lesson 2: DPA Architecture
- Lesson 3: DPA Licensing Overview
Module 2: Installation
- Lesson 1: Installation Overview
- Lesson 2: Server Installation
- Lesson 3: Agent Installation
- Lesson 4: Upgrades
- Lesson 5: Licensing
Module 3: Configuration and Administration
- Lesson 1: Discovering the Environment
- Lesson 2: Managing Objects
- Lesson 3: Groups
- Lesson 4: Users and Roles
- Lesson 5: Policies
Module 4: Management
- Lesson 1: Generating Reports
- Lesson 2: Managing Reports
- Lesson 3: Report Types
- Lesson 4: Dashboard
- Lesson 5: Advisor
Module 5: Advanced Administration and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Time Periods
- Lesson 2: Dashboard Templates
- Lesson 3: Creating Custom Reports
- Lesson 4: Menus
- Lesson 5: Creating Analysis Rules
- Lesson 6: Datastore Maintenance
- Lesson 7: System Settings
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting
- Lesson 9: DPA Migrator
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes labs designed to allow practical experience for the participant.