This 3-day Instructor led course assists participants to understand how to successfully install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000 platform and components. This course also includes the networking switch models and the requirements for networking with the MX7000 platform.
This course prepares the learner to become a Dell EMC Certified Specialist - Implementation Engineer, PowerEdge MX Modular (Certification exam not included).
Who should attend
This course is intended for System Administrators and others who install, configure, and manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000 products.
Knowledge of Server and Networking concepts, components, and typical use cases.
Suggested prerequisite courses:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge Server Concepts and Products
- Dell EMC PowerEdge Installation, Management, and Diagnostics
- Dell EMC Networking Concepts and Products
- Dell EMC Networking SmartFabric OS 10 - Smart Fabric Services (SFS) Basic Concepts
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the features available on the MX7000 chassis.
- Configure and manage the MX7000 using OME-M.
- Navigate the OME-M management interface.
- Explain the iDRAC integration with the modular platform.
- Explain Redfish and its role in the system.
- Perform an initial startup of MX7000.
- Install an operating system on a modular server.
- Identify management software to pull logs.
- Identify and resolve various hardware issues.
- Use management tools to configure and manage storage on the MX7000.
- Identify the switch models and minimum requirements for networking in the MX7000.
Module 1: MX-Series Introduction
- Lesson 1: MX7000 Chassis
- Lesson 2: Compute Sleds
- Lesson 3: Storage
- Lesson 4: Switches
Module 2: MX7000 Management
- Lesson 1: OpenManage Enterprise - Modular (OME-M)
- Lesson 2: iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller
- Lesson 3: Redfish
Module 3: MX Installation and Configuration
- Lesson 1: Initial Setup
- Lesson 2: Compute Sleds
Module 4: MX Networking
- Lesson 1: MX Networking Hardware
- Lesson 2: Switch Management Overview
- Lesson 3: Scalable Fabric Architecture
- Lesson 4: Initial Switch Setup
- Lesson 5: MX SmartFabric Deployment
- Lesson 6: SmartFabric Services
- Lesson 7: Configuring Switch Features
Module 5: MX Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Minimum Configuration and Populations Rules
- Lesson 2: Alerts and Logs
- Lesson 3: Hardware Troubleshooting
- Lesson 4: iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller Troubleshooting
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting Network issues
In addition to lecture and demonstrations, this course includes simulations designed to allow practical experience for the participant.
- Navigating OME-M
- Create Groups
- Storage configuration
- Gathering Logs
- OME-M Navigation discovery
- Navigating the iDRAC9
- iDRAC virtual console
- Navigating the Lifecycle Controller
- PowerEdge Server Templates
- PowerEdge MX7000 Troubleshooting
- iDRAC Troubleshooting
- SupportAssist Collection
- MX7000 Firmware Update