This three-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to automate SDN/NFV solutions in their data centers. Students will build on their knowledge of data center networking and learn how to use Ansible to automate building scalable IP fabrics. Students will also augment their knowledge of different L2 and L3 protocols to automate data center services that use virtual machines, containers, and bare metal servers using Contrail Cloud. This course is based on Contrail Release 3.2.0 and OpenStack Liberty.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for working with software-defined networking solutions in their data center.
The prerequisites for this course are as follows:
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify how automation and Network functions Virtualization (NFV) can help data centers.
- Implement automation in an underlay and overlay network.
- Implement Contrail services, security, and analytics.
- Explain the possibilities for extending automation through orchestration.
- Configure Contrail overlay protocols.
- Describe Contrail service nodes and gateways.
- Use Contrail to configure connections to TOR switches using TSM modules.
- Explain how IP fabrics that use Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Ethernet VPN (EVPN) for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) operate.
- Analyze IP fabric DCI configurations.
- Explain the steps for configuring high availability in Contrail.
- Configure the services necessary to support service chains.
- Deploy multidevice service chains commonly seen in data centers.
- Explain the unique security risks and opportunities of a virtualized data center.
- Configure multitenancy in Contrail for increased security.
- Configure security groups in OpenStack.
- Configure MD5 authentication of Contrail BGP sessions.
- Identify what must be monitored for appropriate data center visibility.
- Configure Contrail analytics and monitoring to support data center needs.
- Configure Contrail Ceilometer.
- Automation in the Data Center Overview
- Automating the Underlay
- Automating the Overlay Network
- Creating a Data Center Interconnect Overlay Network
- Automating Service Creation
- Automation and Security
- Monitoring and Analytics