This five-day, instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to.
This course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
The exam for this course is available until 31 Januar 2021. You can still book the course afterwards.
Who should attend
This course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20740), Networking with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20741), and Identity with Windows Server 2016 (MOC 20742), or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Manage security baselines.
- Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Manage data security.
- Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Secure network traffic.
- Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Manage malware and threats.
- Configure advanced auditing.
- Manage software updates.
- Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- Breach detection and using the Sysinternals tools
- Protecting credentials and privileged access
- Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
- Privileged Access Management and administrative forests
- Mitigating malware and threats
- Analysing activity by using advanced auditing and log analytics
- Analysing activity with Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics feature and Operations Management Suite
- Securing your virtualization an infrastructure
- Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
- Limiting access to file and folders
- Using firewalls to control network traffic flow
- Securing network traffic
- Updating Windows Server