Integrating with the Salesforce Platform covers the key elements of how to design and implement all types of integrations with the Salesforce platform. The course introduces the major integration mechanisms available on the Salesforce platform, such as the APIs and the built-in declarative functionalities. Participants explore the technologies that play critical roles in integrating with the platform, including the SOAP and REST APIs, Apex, the Streaming API, and outbound messaging.
Note: To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable reading and writing object-oriented code.
Who should attend
Integrating with the Salesforce Platform is ideal for customer developers, system integrators, architects, and independent software vendors (ISVs) new to the platform who want to learn how to design and build integrations with the Salesforce platform cloud applications.
- Identify various integration techniques.
- Develop methods for integrating with Salesforce platform.
- Identify the advantages of various integration techniques.
- Integrate with Salesforce platform web services.
- Build custom web services.
- Integrate with the Streaming and Bulk APIs.
- Use Salesforce Connect and Heroku Connect to implement declarative integrations.
- Implement single sign-on, social sign-on, and social customer service.
- Embed external applications into the Salesforce user interface using Canvas.