Who should attend
- System Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Data Center Operations Professionals
Required prerequisites include completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7]
- VMware vSphere Fast Track [V6.7]
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience working at the command prompt is highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course and it's labs you will be able to:
- Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Manage changes to the vSphere environment
- Optimize the performance of all vSphere components
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Troubleshoot operational faults and identify their root causes
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell and VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to manage vSphere
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision ESXi hosts
Note: About one-third of the VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.5 to 6.7] course content is repeated in this course. The scalability topics in VMware vSphere Fast Track [V6.7] are repeated in this course.
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale is designed for experienced VMware vSphere® users. It teaches advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the vSphere features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone who is ready to take their understanding of vSphere to a deeper level and learn how to use advanced features and controls will greatly benefit from this course. The course is based on VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.