This five-day course is a follow-on to the VMware vRealize® Automation™ Install, Configure, Manage course. In this course you go deeper into the advanced features of vRealize Automation to deploy user systems and interface vRealize Automation with other platforms and you learn how to deploy an enterprise-level cluster environment using LCM.
This course relies heavily on hands-on labs.
- VMware vSphere® 6.7 U2
- VMware vRealize Automation 8.1
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator™ 8.1
- VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0
- VMware NSX-T Data Center 3.0
Who should attend
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for using the advanced features of vRealize Automation in enterprise deployments.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
This course requires completion of the following course:
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
- Create and deploy a simple blueprint in vRealize Automation 8.x
- Use cloudConfig in vRealize Automation blueprints
- Configure infrastructure in vRealize Automation 8.x
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe and configure the vRealize Automation in a clustered enterprise deployment using VMware vRealize® Suite Lifecycle Manager™
- Scale VMware Identity Manager™ to support High Availability.
- Configure security certificates in vRealize Automation from external Certificate Authorities.
- Describe the clustered deployment architecture, including Kubernetes pods and services.
- Create and configure advanced blueprints with complex YAML and cloudConfig.
- Use vRealize Automation advanced blueprints to deploy an actual 2-tier DB-Server using MySQL and phpMyAdmin.
- Practice troubleshooting techniques with advanced YAML blueprints in vRealize Automation.
- Use advanced VMware NSX-TTM Data Center networking features including NAT, routed networks, load balancers, security groups, and tags.
- Use VMware Code Stream™ to integrate vRealize Automation with Kubernetes.
- Create Code Stream pipelines.
- Create and use Ansible playbooks that integrate with vRealize Automation.
- Configure vRealize Automation to integrate with Puppet.
- Configure and use ABX actions to create day-2 actions and interface with PowerShell scripts.
- Use vracli commands, log files, and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ to troubleshoot vRealize Automation and vRealize Automation deployments.
- Course Introduction
- vRealize Automation Clustered Deployment
- vRealize Automation Clustered Deployment Architecture
- Advanced Blueprints
- Advanced Networking
- Using vRealize Orchestrator
- Using ABX Actions
- Kubernetes Integration
- Code Stream
- Using GitLab Integration
- Configuration Management